23 September 2009

c'est vrai.

Yep, it's true. I am flying home tomorrow only to get back on a plane next Wednesday and fly back. Why? Well, I bought my ticket not knowing whether or not I would be accepted into Florent. And then when I was accepted, I found out it would cost me over $1500 to change my ticket. So, I am coming home. And this way, my visa restarts and I can stay until Christmas. And don't worry, I am making the best of it--on Friday morning I am flying to Houston to visit eight of my most favorite people in the world (6+2). I haven't seen them for a LONG time and one of them I have yet to meet. Can't wait. I am coming back to Utah on Monday night. And Tuesday night Matt is graciously throwing me a little birthday gathering at his house. Come. Last chance to see me until Christmas. Unless of course you are going to be in Paris in the next three months, in which case, you might get tired of seeing me. Or at least tired of seeing me sleep on your couch.

Class has been great. I love it. Je le kiffe GRAV. There is so much to learn and so much to work on and I love it. Right now we are working on our tout-seul assignment--each student selects five monologues, one from each of the five centuries since the 17th, and performs them in five minutes. It's great. My professor is brilliant and my class is filled with many extremely talented, bright people. The day after I get back is when we have to pass them off to a panel of judges. Wish me luck, or as I was culturally informed of today, merde.

4 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

wow. I have rarely ever felt that it would be appropriate to wish anyone merde. But if they french think it's cool then you should have all the merde you want.

Lisha said...

Oh my. I stop checking your blog for a week and this is what I return to? You nasty potty mouths. Je suis tres disappointed and a little fatigue if you must know.

You can make it up by over-nighting some fresh madelines to me.

Merci

Jessica said...

But I thought merde was a bad, bad word in French. Or at least similar to a bad, bad word in Spanish?

Aline said...

I totally sent you a TEXTO on your cell phone to wish you Happy Birthday the day of and I got it back like yesterday saying that it failed to be delivered. I don't know what happened!? Somewhere between the states and england the message got lost :) So I just wanted to tell you that I did thought of you on your birthday!! Love.

Aline