08 October 2009

a bientot.


It's been a week since I came back and I am still loving it. Much has happened and there's much more to come. I didn't crash and burn during my monologue proficiency Friday morning despite not having spoken French for the entire week. Tuesday morning our work load was doubled at Florent as we prepare for the next assignment which requires working as partners and small groups--which is great. I continue to be impressed and intrigued by the awesome people in my class. Wednesday, after class, I went to two plays with some of them, one of which was starring one of our classmates and the other was directed by our professor.

I am also having an awesome time with the young adults--FHE at Edouard's, institute class in downtown Paris, parties at Miro's, and watching General Conference at the chapel in Nogent--some were rebroadcast due to the time difference (which made for four sessions on Sunday, but it was just what I needed). And tomorrow, after class, and after checking out a possible room to rent, I am going on a road trip here:

5 comments:

Marge Bjork said...

Jealous! I want to go to the temple in a language I don't understand!

Becky Foster said...

Based on the sign, I'm guessing this is the Swiss temple? 'Cause that's German, not French!!!!! (Don't tell me you speak German too?!?! You're incredible.) Yes, they have the little earphone translation service . . . but you REALLY ought to do the session in French!!!!! (I did a German session at the Frankfurt temple after my mission - beautiful.)

Angela said...

Totally jealous. I miss the temple here in Paris.

Laquina said...

das ist gut

San Ba Po said...

loved what you pen down of your experience. You have a way of writing makes me feel that i am there with you.

mmmm chocolate!!