13 August 2008

Saturday, Nauvoo. Sunday, Bountiful. Monday, New York City. Tuesday, Bucharest.

Welp, I have arrived in Romania. My head is still spinning from all that has happened these past few days and I could definitely use some shut-eye--the two hours I got in Central Park Monday morning didn't quite count as a full night of sleep. And now I have two days of research ahead of me. (Back to school, back to school...)

Nauvoo was an amazing experience. I will never be the same again. It appears my hair won't be either.

As far as the LSAT, well, I got rocked. Not completely, but I was hoping for at least four points better than I got. That might not sound like much, but it is. So, now it's back to the drawing board. Take it again? If so, when? Maybe work for a year or two before going. Maybe apply to BYU and skip the 250 grand in debt...we will see. I'm trying not to worry too much about that right now. I have more pressing issues to figure out. For example: how am I suppose to make a documentary? It was one of those great ideas I had that I wasn't completely expecting to work out...

As for Romania, I feel at home again. I am staying at a member's house (Sora Gorzo) in Sector 3 of Bucharest--the same neighborhood that I started my mission in almost five and a half years ago. Wow, I am old. I am reminded of this every time a missionary asks how long I've been home.

And yes, Romanian food is just as good as I remember.

15 comments:

Mothe said...

There could be a new game called "Where in the World is Jeff?" Hopefully you have gotten a few more hours of sleep!! I am sure the members in Romania are so happy to have you back with them! I loved our time in Nauvoo, I will never hear, read or learn about Joseph Smith without thinking about you. The morning we were leaving the man (can't remember his name) that is over the whole pageant was standing by me and when he found out who I was, (I just might have mentioned it) he started to tell me about when he set you apart and he started crying. He said he had never felt the spirit stronger, needless to say he loves you and Matt!! Anyway, sorry this is soooo long but just know you are in our thoughts and prayers back here in Utah. Love you forever, Aunt Becky

Tam said...

Glad you arrived alive. We miss you and missed not getting to see you this summer. Hopefully you can come play in the fall. Our trip home just wasnt the same w/ out Nuncle Jeff. We are excited to hear about all your journeys!

Ticey said...

Oh my gosh you are a busy busy man. I can't believe all that you have going on. I am so sad I didn't get to come to Nauvoo, but hopefully I can one day. I heard that you were amazing and I don't doubt that one bit. I am so lucky to have such talented cousins!! Be safe in Romania, and have fun. I love ya!!

Ashley said...

Jeff! Congrats on being back 'home' and for an amazing job in Nauvoo! The church news article--and everyone I know--including people I was able to share the gospel with in FL & WA were deeply touched by your performance there!!! Let me know if you need any peanut butter--maybe some moldy packages with broken cans from customs ;)

Bart & Penny Murray said...

Jeff, I'm so glad you arrived safe. Enjoy your time in Romania but come home soon. I'm so proud of you and Matt and so thankful we was able to come out and see you in the pageant what an awesome thing to do. I hope you will be able to do it again and that everyone will be able to come and see it. It changes your life to see what others went through for us to have what we have today. You did such an awesome performance. We love you and pray you will be safe and enjoy your time in Romania. Love you always, Aunt Pen

Marky said...

Jeff, I think you are the busiest (is that a word) person I know!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Nauvoo.. I'm really sad I didn't get to come and see you and Matt! But I want to hear all about it at the next family party!! Have lots of fun in Romania.. Sure love ya cousin!!

b said...

Since you're in Romania, I'm forgiving you for not answering when I called.

Have fun.

Karly said...

Jeff!!! You are one busy boy that is for sure! I am putting in my request that you and Matt do the pageant again cause I have heard how amazing you two were! I wanted to be there so bad so Curtis already said if you do it again we are there!! I hope you have so much fun in Romania and I can't wait to chat with ya when ya get back and hear all about your adventures!! Love ya so much cousin!

rich said...

Jeff, you are among the most jet set I know. Will your dream Law School's not even look at you because your score isn't high enough because it seems like you have some amazing experiences under your belt plus an amazing GPA. Do they not consider these factors as well. You could still get into Columbia or something, right?

Niki Barber said...

I am so freaking proud of you!!! You are such a great example of carry on, carry on, carry on!!! You are one heck of a guy and we believe in you!!!

Nikki, Jerm & the kids

Camille and Paul said...

Jeff,

I wish I could have see your performance in Nauvoo...what an amazing experience. I think it is funny that there are so many things you are doing...what will Jeff do next? We are all watching and wondering. I am so glad you have the chance to go back to Romania...how fun!
I hope you are having an awesome time and when you are back around these parts you need to meet my son!
Camille

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

i miss you! come home!

irene said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG

Jeff said...

hey Irene, GET A BLOG!

irene said...

Jeff - have one! ijoyce.wordpress.com