17 December 2008

call the waaambulance

three things i want to gripe about:

1. the american academic schedule ruins the christmas season. do you want to be stressing over final exams and papers you were supposed to have started three months ago when all you really want to do is cuddle up next to the fire with a cup of hot dark chocolate, knit a scarf and do all that other sappy stuff kozy's delilah recommends? i just realized today that christmas is next week. and i haven't watched a single christmas movie...

2. three weeks ago i bought myself a new camera that cost more than i should have spent, despite being on sale. but i'm not writing to whine about the buyer's remorse--what i'm griping about is the fact that it is still in the box. luckily, finals will be history by friday and i'll be on my way to becoming like some of my hip, artistic friends. and posting the photo results for your viewing pleasure.

3. i can't sleep.

that's all. everything else is pretty awesome. still no girlfriend and still no provo-escape route in the near future, but life is good.

8 comments:

rich said...

Seriously. I say we let productivity take a stop for two months out of the year. December and June. No one works, except for those people that have to or maybe want to... BUT no school, and tax breaks for businesses that close during that time.

Ticey said...

Do you listen to Delilah Jeff? This has been a very crazy holiday season for me as well.....I have no desire to knit the scarf but the hot chocolate (not dark) and relaxing by the fire watching a Christmas movie does sound wonderful!!! I for sure agree with you though....life is good, in fact life is fantastic!!! Love You, Aunt Becky

Marge Bjork said...

I wish my blood pressure would remain as calm as I pretend to be.

Bart & Penny Murray said...

good luck on finals! Can't wait to have you get you camera out and get some new pictures on the blog! Wish you could sleep however when do you find the time your life is so busy. You're AWESOME!
Love ya, Aunt Pen

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

why do you make me laugh so hard... i just love you JEFFY!!

girl with freckles said...

can't wait for the photos!

Larsen's! said...

Jeff Dickamore - I think you need to take Lorren on a date...she's young, but beautiful, honest, full of integrity, energitic, funny, has a beautiful voice, plays the piano, drives a cute truck, decorates well, is creative and since I let you babysit her when she was little (including bathing her) I think you owe her a night out as an adult! Love ya Jeff...cute blog - check out ours, send me your email address so I canm invite you to our blog. julie.larsen@hotmail.com

Ashley said...

Ha ha ha! I empathize most with #3 right now... and the title just makes me laugh--so a Scott phrase--waaambulance--whine one one... And not that you ever have time... but the snow @ the Bird is incredible!