07 May 2008

my ace


This is an advertisement found on the website of my LSAT prep class, ACE. I find several things to be funny. First, doesn't he look dapper? So committed to "acing" the LSAT! Well son, being the white, middle-class young man you are, you will have to ace the LSAT if you want to get into law school. Second, I met Nick Thompson a few years back. I was studying abroad in Paris and he was in the process of choosing which law school he wanted to go to. He never came out with his score, but I knew it had to be good, considering he had his pick of Yale, Harvard and Stanford. Well, now I know. Third, that isn't a picture of Nick Thompson, despite its close proximity to his quote and name. Why not a picture of Nick? Well, you see Nick is a red-head and marketing surveys show that advertisements employing photos of red-heads evoke feelings of inferiority, linked, no doubt, to the red-headed step-child phenomena.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

HAHAH.

Yeah, I saw this a while back too. Apparently Nick and the guy who started "Ace" are friends. He wanted to use Nick's information and Nick said no...this is the result.

Nice work.